Alright, you got the scoop on what's involved in starting and managing your own website. Now, let's talk about what will make that website successful.
If you are new to doing business online or establishing a web presence, you will quickly discover that the information super highway is a very competitive place. In order to tap into the awesome potential of the web and the vast marketplace it represents, you will have to do figure out how to stand out in the crowd. To do that you will need to consider a lot of different factors which we attempt to explain in the rest of this guide.
Make no mistake about it, creating a website is a project and every successful project has a plan.Here are a few things to consider when developing a plan for your website;
- What is the goal ultimate goal or purpose of your website?
- Who exactly is your website for, and who exactly is your target audience?
- What information will your audience be looking for?
- What keywords will they use to find you?
- What benefit are you offering your visitors?
- What differentiates you from your competitors?
While planning, try to put yourself in the shoes of your website visitors or potential customers. Anticipating their interests and behavior, as well as, following the guidelines below will allow you to create a more interesting, effective, and successful website.
1. Website Content
Next: The Domain Name